Northern English Setter Society
GDPR Privacy Notice
The Northern English Setter Society is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from or about you. Or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation [the GDPR], the data controller is Northern English Setter Society.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check back regularly to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
General Data Protection Regulation regarding personal data ‘GDPR’ came into law on 25th May 2018. GDPR is designed to protect your personal data.
GPDR Legislation requires us to inform you of the personal data we retain and use to manage the Northern English Setter Society membership, judges lists and dog shows. In addition, you have the right to inspect and/or have any personal data that we hold removed from our records.
You can request to see or delete any or all of your personal data by emailing / writing to the Northern English Setter Society Secretary.
Who do we collect data from?
- Dog Show Competitors / Exhibitors
- Ring Stewards
- People attending breed specific training seminars
- Breeders advertising puppies on the NESS “Puppy Register”
- Contacts made via the NESS Website “northernenglishsettersociety.co.uk”
What personal data we retain?
- Your name
- Your email address (if supplied)
- Your address
- Telephone number
- Amount(s) of fees paid. (Membership, Entry fees, Sponsorships / Donations)
- Your dog(s) Kennel Club registered name(s)
Why do we collect this data?
- To maintain our records and other administrative purposes
- To provide membership services
- To comply with KC rules and regulations
- To assist with upholding our club constitution and taking action in cases where there may be a breach of the Club rules or Code of Ethics
- To contact you regarding invitations and information about future club events / seminars / meetings
- Publication of NESS yearbooks, newsletters and results books
- Publication of the Club judges’ list in booklet form or via the NESS Website
- Publication of event results on our NESS website, associated Face Book pages or newsletters
Recipients of your personal data
We disclose data to the following outsourced data processors, for the purposes of:
- Cavalier Impressions for processing show entries and printing show catalogues
Where do we store this data?
Collected Information is kept and managed by both the Treasurer and the Secretary on spread sheets held on password protected personal computers. Data is also held on secure backups. No data is stored outside of the European Union.
Communication to the membership is via surface mail, email – for those whose email addresses we hold, also on the NESS website and associated Face Book pages.
We never have, nor will we ever sell or exchange your personal data without your permission.
Personal data will be retained in accordance with statutory requirements, Kennel Club requirements and recommendations and the clubs retention policy which is available on request.
Should you have any questions about the NESS and GDPR please contact the secretary via email or surface mail. Contact details can be found on the NESS web site http://www.northernenglishsettersociety.co.uk/